Tuesday, November 1, 2022

I Have A Story; I Have A Secret

Austin is finally trialing an eye gaze system thanks to his OT and SLP at school. We have the gadget for a month. 

When they first hooked it up, they were demonstrating how it worked for me. They calibrated his eyes and then put it on a page for ‘places to go’. 

He almost immediately zoned in on the ‘house’ icon and kept staring at it so that it kept saying [I want to go] “home home home home home home….” We were like, no not going home yet, buddy! Ha ha ha.

But after I left and was sitting at work, I realized that the house icon looks kind of similar to the Blues Clues house at the beginning of the show! As you know Blue’s Clues is one of the only 3 shows he likes to watch, and probably his favorite. 

So I think he thought that tiny house icon was his Blue’s Clues show and was staring at it waiting for it to play! 

The size of icon didn’t matter because sometimes at home he touches the iPad enough to make the app small in the corner. So he is used to trying to find it, and he will watch it even if small! 

I’m just impressed how quickly out of all those screen of icons, he zoned in on “his “show”. He’s pretty smart when he wants to be, if that’s what he was doing! 

*I’ve included video below of when I first hooked it up at home today. He was all over  the place.

Then there was a long pause as I listened from the next room. 

Then he ‘said’ something like, “I have a story. It’s a secret.” 

So true, buddy. So true. 

Can’t wait to hear it!





No comments:

Post a Comment